Annons:
Tagwatercolor
Read 1820 times
Tammie
2018-11-04 22:39

Iris Watercolor Painting

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

When I was painting this Iris painting I had a specific idea of how I wanted it to turn out. As I was painting, things weren’t going according to the picture in my head. I would get really upset and frustrated at myself. I had a friend living with me at the time and she doesn’t paint. So she thought it was beautiful. I got totally frustrated and wanted to quit and not finish it. She encouraged me to finish it and in the end it turned out pretty good. So I gave her the painting. I have found that sometimes I have to walk away from something I am working on and put it away for a few months to give myself time to forget my original expectations. Then I am able to see it differently.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Evelina
2018-11-04 22:47
Tammie
2018-11-05 06:32

Thank you.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-11-06 11:25

That's what I do when I write important stuff. I leave it for at least a night, but often weeks or months. It's important to get distance to your work to be able to judge it properly.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-11-07 15:52

I agree. Another trick with painting is to hold the painting in front of a mirror. That reverses the picture and tricks your mind into seeing it differently. You loose some of those preconceptions that you are struggling to get into your painting. Often your preconceptions need to be thrown out.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Scroll to top
Annons: