Annons:
Tagacrylic
Read 2396 times
jadekintz
2018-05-15 23:01

Acrylic Pour Art

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I really enjoyed doing this project because I wouldn't consider myself to be very capable of creating art!

I originally saw this idea online and gave it a go.

Supplies that were needed were: plastic cups, a tarp*, acrylic paint (I purchased the cheapest I could find to try this), paint medium or you could substitute it with a 1:1 ratio of dish liquid to water, a canvas, and a paint scraper.

First you choose your colors and dilute them with the paint medium, or the dish liquid mixture until they are the consistency of an icing you would use for a glaze. 

Then drop small amounts of the paint on top of each other in the center of the cup slowly until you reach the desired amount to cover your canvas. (This may take many cups depending on the size of your canvas). Then you flip the cup onto the canvas and pour the remaining amount of your chosen paint color around the cup. 

Then you release the cup and slowly tilt the paint until it covers the entire canvas. Use the paint scraper to clean up the back of the canvas. Let it dry for 24 hours, you can expedite this process AND remove unwanted bubbles with a small caramelizing torch. 

This was one of the outcomes of the pours I did! Enjoy Laughing

Annons:
Tammie
2018-05-16 06:08

Beautiful! That is awesome!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-05-16 08:35

Very unique! I love the colors

jadekintz
2018-05-16 19:58
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Thank you very much! I made a few others, they had this really cool glitter paint that looks holographic. Its fun to do with children as well :)

Tammie
2018-05-18 06:02

Nice! Heart

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Emo
2018-05-18 06:28

Fun making.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Scroll to top